Connected Components combines a simple, powerful control core, a full suite of associated components and a dedicated set of class-leading application development tools to give you "just enough" control to meet your machine control and end customer requirements in the shortest possible time.
Built around MicroLogix™ and Micro800™ Programmable Controllers, PowerFlex™ Component Drives, Kinetix® 3 Component Servo Drives, and PanelView™ Component HMI, the Connected Components solution set is a preferred control solution for stand-alone machines. This bundled approach helps machine builders more quickly design and develop machines.
As a complete solution, you'll benefit from:
- Just enough control
- Simple connectivity
- Simplified engineering
- Faster start-up
- Enhanced diagnostics
- Low cost
Connected Components Accelerator Toolkit
The Connected Components Accelerator Toolkit is a set of valuable tools - from free programming software, application profiles, quick start guides, wiring diagrams and pre-developed HMI screens – that make it quicker and easier to implement common control tasks as part of the machine design. These valuable tools combined with quality Allen-Bradley core products create a cost-effective solution.
Connected Components Accelerator Toolkit includes:
- Application-focused Building Blocks
- Pre-written control programs
- Sample HMI screens with diagnostics
- Quick start guides
- Parameter backup and restore functionality
- Sample wiring diagrams
- Sample bill of materials
- Sample panel layouts
- Certification data for global applications
Connected Components Workbench ™ Programming Software
Based on proven Rockwell Automation and Microsoft Visual Studio technology, Connected Components Workbench software offers controller programming, device configuration and integration with HMI editor.
- Easier to Acquire
- Free standard software download gets you started faster and update to latest version without need for support contract
- Easier to Configure
- Single software package reduces initial time to set-up controls
- Unified device user interface helps reduce time to commission machine controls, graphic terminals and drives
- Easier to Program
- Choice of IEC-61131 languages
- User-defined function blocks speed machine development
- Standard PLCOpen motion instructions