Who is eligible to participate in the Rockwell Automation Engineering Our Future™ contest?
- All FIRST® LEGO® League (FLL®), FIRST® Tech Challenge (FTC®) and FIRST® Robotics Competition (FRC®) teams registered for the 2013-2014 season.
How do I enter the Engineering Our Future™ contest?
- Watch the video describing the contest/example.
- Read the video production tips sheet we provide.
- Create your 60 seconds or less video submission.
- Submit your 60 seconds video as described below. Note: the deadline is November 11, 2013.
How do I submit my video to Rockwell Automation?
- Access the instructional video posted on www.rockwellautomation.com/go/engineeringourfuture.
- Upload your 60 seconds or less video to your YouTube or Vimeo account. Name your video with program (FRC, FTC of FLL), team name and team number. Example: FLL, Funky Monkeys, Team 555. Provide a short description about your video in the description field.
- Submit your entry to www.rockwellautomation.com/go/engineeringourfuture. All video entries must first be uploaded via YouTube or Vimeo – teams will be asked to provide a link to your video as part of the entry process. Rockwell Automation will decide whether to post your video for public viewing.
- Videos will only be eligible after the Submission Agreement and any required Consent Forms [PDF] have been submitted. After your video has loaded successfully, copy/paste the URL for your video into the Submission Agreement. Email the completed/signed Submission Agreement and completed/signed Consent Forms (for any persons under the age of 18 appearing in the Video) to email@example.com.
When can our team submit our video?
- Submissions are accepted using the submission criteria above from October 1, 2013 through November 11, 2013.
Can our team create multiple videos?
- Each team can submit more than one 60 seconds or less video for the contest. If your team creates multiple videos, only one of the videos will be eligible for the team grant.
What can our team use to create the video?
- High-tech equipment is not required to complete your team video. Use any tools available to you, all platforms are fair game, including animation, interviews, documentary-style or something in between – it’s up to you. Use real-life examples, develop and showcase a prototype, role play, design something, etc. Be creative and have fun with it.
When does voting begin, and who is allowed to vote?
- Voting begins on November 12, 2013 and will remain open until November 29, 2013. We encourage everyone to vote. Each person is allowed to vote once every 24 hours. Share the contest link with your family and friends and ask them to vote for you each day until November 29, 2013.
If our team video is chosen, what will our prize be?
| ||FRC ||FTC ||FLL
|$5,000 provides one event and kit of parts
$1,000 can be used towards second event (if applicable) or expenses
$500 can be used towards second event (if applicable) or expenses
|$1,000 can be used for season registration and kit of parts
$750 can be used towards registration and parts
$275 can be used towards season registrations
|$850 can be used for season registration and robot
$400 can be used for partial product
$225 can be used for season registration
How will our video be used during or after the contest?
- During the contest, your video submissions will be featured on the Rockwell Automation website and shown at our Automation Fair event in Houston, TX where customers from around the world will be able to vote for their favorite videos.
- After the contest, we reserve the right to use your video to promote FIRST programs.
When and where will winners be announced?
When will team grants be distributed to winning teams?
- Team grants will be distributed to winning teams by FIRST throughout next season’s registration process. Prizes will be awarded in the form of team registrations and / or product. Registration will be paid to FIRST and product will be ordered through LEGO Education; awards will be processed by FIRST on behalf of Rockwell Automation. Prizes must be claimed during the 2014-15 FIRST season. Teams must register for the 2014-15 season or will forfeit their prize. If a prize is forfeited, Rockwell Automation will select the next eligible entrant. Prizes are not subject to regranting and must be used for registration and /or product.
How can team grants be used by the winning teams?
- Winning teams may use team grants for registration and products only. The award money will not be subject to regrants.
How can I learn more about Rockwell Automation?
- Learn more about Rockwell Automation, who we are, what we do and what career opportunities may be available for you in the future by visiting http://www.rockwellautomation.com/.