As an automotive manufacturer, you must meet the demanding and growing requirements involved in stamping, forming and fabricating of metals. For over 60 years, Rockwell Automation has been helping automotive manufacturers with their metal forming automation control needs, including a complete line of standard and custom press and automation control solutions for the pressroom.
Rockwell Automation's MACS™ Metalforming Automation Control Solutions has a range of systems, products and services that covers all of the control requirements in the press room, including:
- Press controls and Clutch/Brake
- Robotic automation part handling
- Tandem line controls
- Sheet metal feed motion control
- In die servo transfer motion technology
Through Rockwell Automation you'll receive quality solutions to your automotive body shop needs:
- Reduction of wiring (and associated costs) via single network connections to robots and welders and safety networks
- Usable process data from robots and welders
- PDS (Upload/Download, Programming and Configuration) for robots and welders
- Process Data/System Health (cycle time, idle time, blocked/starved)
- Material Call and Andon systems
- Part Tracking and Build Scheduling
- Flexible manufacturing systems
- De-coupled Conveyor Systems
- Safety Systems as productivity tools
- Control System Performance — Every millisecond counts!
- Scalable Solutions to leverage Engineering Resources and Common Programming tools across product families
- Life Cycle Cost Reduction
- Integration into Plant IT Systems
- IP 65/67 IO and Motor Control
Today's automotive paint shop is a key focus area within the assembly process. Understanding the complexities and interrelationship of the process parameters is critical to developing an efficient and cost-effective environment. Humidity and temperature control, paint flow, viscosity, body temperature — these are just a few of the areas that factor into a smoothly-run facility. Working with Rockwell Automation will enable automotive manufacturers to receive best-practice knowledge and technology regarding:
- Addressing the new Clean Air Act regulations
- Understanding and incorporating the latest paint technologies
- Reducing Total Life Cycle costs
- Relieving competitive pressure to improve quality at less cost
In the midst of a fiercely competitive market, profitability depends upon how well you manage resources from your supply chain to shipping... at every step along the way. And survival means improving efficiencies faster than models and part numbers change. Rockwell Automation's In-Line Vehicle Sequencing (ILVS) Solution improves bottom line manufacturing by optimizing paint shop performance. This Solution integrates manufacturing, plant floor systems and materials linking the supply chain directly to the production and finishing processes.
Rockwell Automation's proven expertise can help you in all areas of
- Process Equipment
- Application Equipment
- Monitoring, Scheduling, Routing and Tracking
Manufacturers of Powertrain components, such as foundries, engines, transmissions, axles, brakes and steering gears, utilize Rockwell Automation products to provide automation solutions that maximize their operating efficiencies. Rockwell Automation provides solution for the application sectors that are typically found within a Powertrain facility, namely:
- Material Handling
- Safety and Information Systems
In addition to these specific applications, there are also ancillary machines that make up several other "pockets" of specialized machines within the plant.
Rockwell Automation provides a Powertrain solution via the Logix-based Integrated Architecture that incorporates a common Logic, HMI, Motion, and Safety portfolio.